H.E. Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen, M.P.Hon’ble Foreign Minister
Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
• Full Name: Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen, M.P.
• Date of Birth: 23 August 1947
• Place of Birth: Sylhet, Bangladesh
• He obtained PhD in economics and an MBA in Business Administration from the Northeastern University (Boston)
• He completed MPA in Public Administration, Public Policy and International Economics from the Harvard University (Cambridge)
• He also obtained LLB in Law, an MA in development economics and a BA from the University of Dhaka.
• He served as the Ambassador and Permanent Representative in the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh to the United Nations, New York from 2009 to 2015
• He served as the President of the UNICEF Executive Board at the international level in 2010
• He served in high level positions in the Government of Bangladesh in a number of Ministries including the Ministry of Trade, Commerce, Rural Development, Local Government and Cooperatives etc.
• He also worked in the World Bank, Washington D. C. and in UNDP
• He was a faculty member in Merrimack College, the Salem State College, the Northeastern University, the University of Massachusetts, Cambridge College and the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University and the Massachusetts School of Technology
• He is a writer and has written a number of books and published over 250 papers and articles.
• He assumed office as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh on 7 January 2019
• He is married and blessed with five children